Under the Car
Protect yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle with high quality brakes. Trust our experience to always bring you to a safe stop. We have been professionally providing the Saint Petersburg and Tampa Bay area with quality brake repair services since 1986. Our trained technicians will inspect your vehicle’s entire braking system and provide a detailed estimate prior to any repair, and our technicians only replace parts that are approved by the customer. All replacement parts are of the highest product quality and backed by NAPA AutoCare Center’s nationwide warranties.
Our Brake System Services Include:
- Full brake system inspections
- Recondition rotors or drums (if part meets required specs)
- Install new pads or new/re-aligned shoes
- Check brake fluid and fill as needed
- Replace fluid in master and flush brake system
- Clean and adjust rear brakes, if necessary
- Re-pack wheel bearings/replace seals on non-drive serviced axle
- Road test vehicles
- Additional parts and/or labor extra as required or suggested
Brake Problem Warning Signs:
- Brake warning light comes on
- Your car pulls to one side when braking instead of stopping in a straight line
- When applied, your brakes grab, causing jerky stops
- Brakes grind with continuous loud metallic noise when applied
- Brake pedal is either mushy or very hard to depress
- Brakes must be pumped to work properly
- Wheel(s) are excessively hot after short drives
- Brake fluid leaks are seen around any wheel or in engine compartment, near master cylinder location
- Brake fluid very low or very dirty looking
The NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty covers parts and labor on qualifying repairs and services for 24 months/24,000 miles.
There’s no greater peace of mind than knowing you have one less worry by having your vehicles serviced by the professionals at your local NAPA AutoCare Center. They stand behind their work with the NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty.
Computerized Wheel Alignment
An easy way to substantially improve your vehicles handling and extend the life of your tires is to be alert to signs of misalignment and to have your wheels aligned immediately if signs appear. Wheels become out of alignment due to many factors such as dramatic stops and starts, hitting curbs hard, accidents, heavy loads, potholes, and normal wear and tear as the vehicle gets older. Our technicians will align your vehicle so that your tires wear properly and the vehicle travels straight while driving. By properly correcting Caster, Camber, Toe and Thrust Angle, it will increase tire life, reduce wear and tear on steering components and improve the handling characteristics of your vehicle.
Alignment Problem Warning Signs:
- Your steering wheel is not straight when driving on a level road.
- You hear strange noises in your suspension system.
- The vehicle wanders from side to side.
- Your vehicle pulls or drifts to one side when you drive in a straight line or brake.
- You hear squeals when you turn.
- You feel vibration in the steering wheel or through you vehicle’s seat.
- The vehicle’s steering feels loose, mushy, or too tight.
- Your tires are wearing prematurely or unevenly.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
Steering / Suspension / Drivetrain Services
Have you noticed uneven tire wear? Or while driving have you noticed: an off-center steering wheel? Swaying, drifting or pulling? Difficult steering? Any of these symptoms may indicate the need for service or repairs to your vehicle’s steering and suspension system.
At Auto Tech Garage we have certified technicians who will perform a professional inspection of the system, providing you with a complete analysis of the current conditions and repair cost estimate. Auto Tech Garage is a full-service steering and suspension repair facility. Worn steering, suspension and driveline components can cause noise, vibration, premature tire wear and misalignment. That’s why we perform a complete steering and suspension system inspection with every alignment. By replacing worn parts you regain steering control and handling that will return your vehicle to its original operating performance.
Auto Tech Garage provides full service in steering, suspension and driveline parts replacement. We carry quality parts, backed by our Napa Auto Parts nationwide warranty. Key parts we repair or replace may include; Ball joints, Bushings, Sway bar links, Center links, Idler arms/Pitman arms, Rack and pinion units, Tie rod ends/sleeves, CV joints/boots, CV axle half shafts, Shock absorbers, struts/cartridges.
Transmission Flush Service
Transmission fluid is often referred to as the hardest working fluid in your car. It is responsible for 1) lubricating hundreds of moving parts in your transmission, 2) serving as a coolant to reduce the tremendous temperatures created in normal use, 3) keeping the transmission clean and free of contaminants, and 4) maintaining the hydraulic properties that allow your transmission to shift properly under constantly changing conditions. Over time your transmission fluid loses its ability to perform. If the fluid is left in beyond its useful life, wear and deterioration of the bearings, clutches, and other internal components will result. Eventually the transmission will fail and require overhaul or replacement. The cost of a transmission rebuild can be from $1500 to $3000, and even higher on some cars. Our ASE certified technicians connect our advanced flushing equipment that allows us to replace every bit of the fluid in the complete transmission. It also flushes out any impurities that could contaminate the new fluid, leaving the transmission with fluid as clean as the day it was new.
Recommended Interval: 3 years / 36,000 miles
Power Steering Flush Service
Just as engine oil requires replacement so does your power steering fluid. As with any oil it breaks down over time and use. Power steering fluid is not subjected to the same heat that engine oil is and therefore does not require replacement as often. This fluid does still break down however and requires replacement. We suggest that you change your power steering fluid to avoid undue wear or breakdown in the system. Allow us to use our high performance power steering flush kit by Wynn’s, which includes a cleaner, all the fluid to flush and replace the old, and an additive to dramatically reduce component wear.
Recommended Interval: 2 years / 25,000 miles
We are your local NAPA AutoCare Center serving St. Petersburg, Florida & the greater Tampa Bay area.