Under the Hood
When your car is properly tuned, the ignition system, fuel system, emission system and the computer system are all working together. This results in peak efficiency and optimum performance.
A drivability problem is not always solved by a standard tune-up. The problem may be unrelated to a tune-up and may require a comprehensive diagnostic service. Trust Auto Tech Garage for expert maintenance tune-ups and engine diagnostic services.
Services Include: (if applicable)
- Replace Spark Plugs
- Clean Throttle Plates
- Clean Idle Air Control Valve
- Adjust Timing
- Adjust Carburetor
- Inspect Filters for Replacement
- Inspect Ignition System Components
- Inspect Crankcase Breather System
- You lose power.
- Your gas mileage drops.
- Your engine “knocks” when it accelerates.
- Your engine stalls.
- Your engine starts hard, even when the battery easily turns the engine over.
- Your engine continues to run after you turn the ignition off.
- There is a noxious (harmful) exhaust odor.
- Your engine runs rough at any or all speeds.
- Your engine backfires, spits or pops.
- Your engine dash warning lights stay on.
The NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty covers parts and labor on qualifying repairs and services for 24 months/24,000 miles.
There’s no greater peace of mind than knowing you have one less worry by having your vehicles serviced by the professionals at your local NAPA AutoCare Center. They stand behind their work with the NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty.
Computerized Engine Diagnostic Service
Our technicians are highly qualified in the area of vehicle computer diagnostics. Here at Auto Tech Garage we have the latest equipment for scan diagnostics and all the repair information available including the latest manufacturer recalls and Technical Service Bulletins. If your cars Service Engine Soon light is on or has been on in the past, let us handle it so you can drive “Running Insured”. Our equipment scans all vehicle systems including Transmission, ABS, Anti-Theft, A/C, SRS, Body and other modules on most cars old and new, foreign and domestic.
Battery, Charging & Starting Systems
A dead battery is many times an indication of another problem. Using “state-of-the-art” electronic equipment we diagnose the most common electrical system problems in today’s vehicles. This check ensures that all electrical systems are operating properly to achieve maximum life and dependability. Our process includes the following:
- A full analysis of your battery’s condition, including its state of charge and ability to hold a charge.
- An inspection and analysis of the vehicle’s starting and charging system, including the starter, the alternator and the voltage regulator to ensure proper charging to maximize the life of the battery.
- An inspection of and adjustment of the alternator belt if necessary. A loose alternator belt can cause your battery to discharge prematurely.
- A cleaning of the batteries connection and cable ends, as well as an application of corrosion protection.
- Professional battery installation including cleaning the battery tray and cable ends to ensure good, clean connections.
Lube & Oil/Filter Service
Regular changing can increase your vehicle’s performance and the life of your engine. Let us help you keep your vehicle’s fluids full and clean. Oil changes are recommended every 3,000 miles or every 3 months
Our Full Service Lube Includes:
- Up to five (5) quarts of Valvoline oil
- Napa Proselect oil filter
- Lube Chassis
- Check and top off (if needed) the following fluids: brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and washer solvent
- Check condition of air filter
- Check condition of antifreeze and freeze protection
- Check tire pressure/adjust if necessary
- Check condition of all belts
- Check condition of all hoses
Oil & Lube Warning Signs:
- You see fluid leaking underneath your engine.
- Inspection of your oil dipstick shows oil or fluid loss soon after adding oil or fluids.
- Your oil pressure light comes on, flickers or stays on.
- You see oil in the spark plug wells and oil film on different parts of the engine.
- Your transmission is not shifting correctly.
- Your engine or transmission is making odd noises.
- Fluids have a strong burnt odor.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
Air Conditioning Service
Trust our experienced technicians here at Auto Tech Garage to keep you cool. We offer a special air conditioning diagnostic service plus a premium repair package, using environmentally-friendly refrigerant and quality components. A good air conditioning system is a must in our extremely hot and humid conditions.
Our Air Conditioning Diagnostic Service Includes:
- Inspect system for leaks (hoses, couplings, valves, evaporator, etc.)
- Recover any old refrigerant
- Evacuate the system
- Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
- Clean condenser fins if needed
- Test compressor operation
- Insert an ultraviolet leak detection dye
- Fill with proper O.E. amount of refrigerant (refrigerant extra)
- Pressure test and check for leaks
- Check output temperature
- Check proper operations of controls, blower motor, cooling fan (engine)
- Check antifreeze (engine coolant)
Air Conditioning Warning Signs:
- Your A/C system doesn’t cool properly.
- The fan/blower doesn’t work when set in A/C mode.
- Loud noises when you turn on your A/C.
- Your vehicle stalls or idles roughly when you turn on the A/C.
- Your vehicle runs hot or overheats when you use the A/C.
- Some or all of the dash controls don’t work when you try to use them.
- Your heater, top and side vents, or defroster don’t work.
- Water on your vehicle’s floor or rugs.
- Unusual odors from interior vents.
Cooling System Maintenance
Coolant protects your engine from freezing or overheating, but its effectiveness can diminish over time. A cooling system failure is the number one reason for automotive breakdown on our nation’s highways. Unlike a flat tire, you can’t stop and put on a spare. Let Auto Tech Garage help you keep your vehicle operating at the right temperature. Our ASE-certified technicians will efficiently have you back on the road with a properly maintained cooling system! It is Recommended to have this service every 24,000 miles or every 2 Years.
Our Cooling System Maintenance Service Includes:
- A visual check of the cooling system for indications of leaks or oil content
- Pressure check the cooling system and radiator cap for external leaks with filler cap and neck adapter and tester
- Check crankcase oil and automatic transmission fluid for water content and levels
- Test coolant thermostat with radiator thermometer
- Check temperature gauge for accuracy
- Chemical flush compound
- Drain system
- Clean foreign matter from radiator fins (if needed)
- Check fan blades and pulleys for alignment and damage
- External inspection of all hoses for cracks, swelling, brittleness and deterioration
- Check engine core plugs, (where possible)
- Refill system with correct coolant type, check and bleed for air locks
- Check condition and tension of drive belts
- Includes up to 2 gallons of coolant or proper type for vehicle and 1 chemical flush compound
Cooling System Warning Signs:
- Your vehicle overheats.
- Your coolant light comes on.
- Your temperature gauges reads higher or lower than normal.
- Your heater does not work.
- Your engine runs poorly or uses excess fuel.
- You smell antifreeze (sweet moist smell).
Fuel Injection Service
When your car idles rough, hesitates, stalls, or it does not seem to have the power or fuel economy it once had, a Fuel Injection Service may be the answer. Often these symptoms are mistaken as signs that a tune up is needed. As you drive your car, carbon deposits build up on fuel injectors, engine valves and in the combustion chambers. Deposits also form on the throttle body, and in the intake manifold as well as in the catalytic converter. This accumulation of carbon and sludge can cause a drastic drop in both fuel economy and performance. Fuel additives are largely ineffective because they target only the fuel injectors and are not concentrated enough to clean away stubborn carbon build up. They do nothing to address the other areas that are arguably more important than the fuel injectors. The only proven way to clean the entire fuel and intake systems, as well as the combustion chambers, engine valves, and catalytic converter is by performing a comprehensive Fuel Injection Service. For this service to be effective, it must be performed by a qualified technician using the proper equipment and solvent solution. It is recommended that this service be performed every 2 years or 25,000 miles as part of your routine maintenance schedule to keep your car running clean and efficiently, and performing like it did when it was new.
Fuel System Warning Signs:
- Your vehicle is hesitating.
- Your vehicle is having trouble starting.
- Your vehicle is achieving poor gas mileage.
- Your vehicle is operating sluggish with poor performance.
We are your local NAPA AutoCare Center serving St. Petersburg, Florida & the greater Tampa Bay area.